Vigilante’s 3800 square foot location will seat 148 patrons. With operating hours Monday to Sunday, 11 am to 2 am, we will be the first late night bar in our area. Located with convenient access to TX-183, IH-35, North Central Austin, The University of Texas and downtown via the Austin Light Rail, Vigilante will be able to serve local Austin neighborhood residents as well as Cedar Park and Round Rock (each are among the fastest growing small cities in the country).
Vigilante’s market differentiator is how we seamlessly combine a restaurant experience with a gaming experience through custom furniture, fixture and service solutions. We are elevating our patron’s home game nights into a complete service package out on the town. This includes:
- A searchable digital menu to match you with the optimal choice from our 150+ rentable game library
- Large custom tables with roll-out cupholders and food trays to separate the social gaming space from eating and drinking area
- A call for service button at each seat so we address customer needs as they arise, as opposed to interrupting their gameplay with check ins
- A “Join Us” signal at each table to help patrons team up and play together
- Custom lighting fixtures to light play surfaces while maintaining a darker bar atmosphere
- Food items designed to be cleanly eaten during play (eg. pub sliders vs. greasy burgers)
Library access will cost $5 per patron for the entire evening, and Vigilante Secret Society members will enjoy free library access as part of their membership ($14/month or $120/year). Patrons will also have the opportunity to bring their own games if they so desire.
We will offer a highly focused, simple menu featuring quality food and locally sourced beer, gourmet sodas by the bottle, a well-rounded wine list, and a food menu featuring such fare as:
- Hand held bar classics and street foods for clean eating while gaming: a selection of sliders, mini sandwiches, samosas, potato wedges and skewered meats (candied bacon, spicy chicken and others)
- Charcuterie boards, bar snacks and shareable plates to graze while gaming
- Mason jar milkshakes, cake pops, and s'mores in a jar
The Vigilante team regularly asks our customers what they want to experience, and engaged potential customers have submitted hundreds of responses for features, events and drinks. This campaign has given us the data we need to pre-test our ideas to ensure they resonate with future regulars.
Partnering with local conventions, Austin’s largest local game retailer, and local game designers as well as hosting events is creating significant pre-opening interest. We will leverage our online presence post-opening by communicating a rotating set of weekly gaming events (based on feedback) to give patrons a reason to return week after week.